This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
Well, I did it!
I completed my very first 10 x 10 Capsule Wardrobe Challenge!
In case you missed it, read all about what a capsule wardrobe is here. For this particular challenge, I choose 10 items of clothing and wore them in various combinations for 10 days straight. I then documented my outfits on the Accounting My Blessings Facebook page and my Instagram feed each day.
Wonder which items of clothing made the cut, and where to find them? Find my list and linked resources here!
Friends, I am sold. This capsule wardrobe concept is really neat!
Here’s what I learned over the past 10 days:
1. Don’t overthink it. I decided to dive right in and select the 10 pieces of clothing that my eye went to first. Of course, I made sure they coordinated reasonably with each other, but I didn’t agonize over exactly how I’d style my clothes each day.
2. Iron your clothes. Before I started the challenge, I took a few minutes to iron each piece of clothing and hang it neatly in the closet. There were only 10 items, after all! I wanted to be ready to go each morning! (Remember, it’s totally within the rules of the challenge to wash your 10 items as needed throughout the 10 days.)
3. Decide if you want to set a limit to your accessories, shoes and purses. I did not for this particular challenge, but looking back, I easily could have. You could do a 10 x 10 x 10 challenge, for example! I used several different pieces of jewelry, clutches, scarves, and shoes to accessorize. Again, go with what you love!
4. Take pictures. Whether you share your experience publicly or not, it is pretty cool to look back and see how creative and resourceful you are!
5. It’s not hard! I was amazed at how easy this challenge was for me, and how after only a day or two, my gratitude for what I have shot through the roof.
6. I really do love dresses and skirts! As I was selecting my 10 items, I naturally gravitated toward dresses and skirts, rather than pants and shorts. As it turned out, I didn’t even miss them!
7. I could have gone longer than 10 days with these same 10 pieces of clothing. I didn’t get tired of my 10 items and I didn’t even use all the possible combinations!
8. People are kind of intrigued by the capsule wardrobe (challenge) concept. I posted photos on Facebook and Instagram of my outfits each day, so those who are interested could follow along. Before I began the challenge, I wondered if I might be a little “late to the party,” as people have been doing capsule wardrobe challenges for years. Happily, I had a solid following the past 10 days, and some very encouraging comments! Thank you!
And now, without further ado, here are my 10 looks in as many days!
I want to give a special thanks to my husband and daughter, who helped photograph these looks! I’m a lucky gal to have such a patient family…!
“I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart.” Psalm 9:1a
Gracia y paz,
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, I’d love you know you as a blog subscriber–it would make my day! Please enter your email address in the form at the bottom of this page, or in the right-hand sidebar. Welcome to Accounting My Blessings!