“It’s the little things.”
Have you ever used this phrase? I find myself saying it often! Your “little things” will be different than mine, but the basic premise is to be present and notice the nuances of life that truly make your day and cultivate a sense of gratefulness. Oftentimes, it’s worth the prep work and time spent planning when we genuinely enjoy the results!
Here are 10 ways the “little things” can make a big impact on your family’s daily life:
- Sitting at my desk at work, perhaps wishing it were 5 o-clock, when I look down at my brightly painted nails typing their little hearts out. I’m blessed to be employed…and my nails look good…!
- Opening the freezer to see neatly stacked zip top bags of meat, chicken, cheese and veggies looking back at me, just waiting to nourish my family.
- Choosing to drive on a country road at the end of a long commute, to take in the scenery and roll the window down.
- Removing and donating unneeded items from a closet, leaving you with an uncluttered space and helping someone else in the process.
- Strategically placing sentimental and functional items around the house. For example, I neatly stacked my grandparents’ wedding china in a kitchen cabinet for my family’s use. I also have a mug my mom used when I was growing up as our dish soap holder next to the sink.
- Gaining an extra hour of sleep in the Fall.
- Finding just the “perfect” skirt at Goodwill for $3.75…with the tags still on it! Yes, please!
- Those moments of just “being” while you read your Bible, pray, and meditate on what’s truly important.
- Hearing your child say “thank you” for a certain activity or experience.
- Prioritizing time to take a walk with your spouse.
One final tip: Vocalizing your moments of gratitude can be contagious! Don’t be shy about sharing your small triumphs!
What are the “little things” that make you stop and realize that LIFE IS GOOD?
“Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!” Psalm 105:1
Gracia y paz,